Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chloe & Me (and the past couple of weekends)

We decided to have a lazy Sunday. The weeks have been very busy lately and the weekend was great, but jam packed with family and friends, so we decided to really just relax today. We sat down to eat lunch and decided to watch Marley & Me, which B hasn't seen. Before we started it, he said "aren't you going to cry though?" and I responded with "no, I don't think so. I've seen it enough..." WRONG! And to make it worse...as I'm trying to hold in the sniffles and tears, Chloe looks up and stares at me, which only causes me to cry a little more.

Chloe is my #1!! I got her as a birthday present for my 20th birthday. She's been with me almost 8 years now and they have been the craziest 8 years of my life, full of finding my way and growing up. She's been the biggest constant throughout it all. If you're not a dog person, Marley & Me does an amazing job of portraying the relationship between a dog and its "owner". And if you are a dog person the movie and book alike will surely hit home! Regardless of how many times you've read or seen it. It also resonated a little more since our addition of Timmy to the family! He's been known to be a little terror from time to time but he sure is a lover and it was just a reminder that he could be a lot worse.

Now that Chloe is getting a little older it always makes my heart drop a bit when I see her struggle to get up after laying down for a while, when she slides on the hardwood floor and can't catch her balance or when she needs a boost into my car or up onto the bed. I think Timmy has definitely pepped her up a bit, which was the hope, but I just felt like watching that movie again was a good reminder of how I sometimes take her for granted sometimes. She's so mild mannered and chill these days that I think Timmy gets the bulk of the attention lately. I know most people will read this and say "does she realize she's talking about a dog?!?!" and I get that, but they are definitely my fur-babies! And I don't know what I'd do without them, especially my Chloe!

She stole a kiss! ;) 
She's a beaut!
Chloe's post! She's our watch dog!

Timmy idolizes her! He wants to be every where she is! Kinda cute and she tolerates it so well!

See above caption! ;)

It wasn't long before he had moved onto her bed with her!

So - Chloe will be snuggling in bed tonight instead of sleeping on the floor. I think she deserves a little extra special treatment! Give your dog/pet an extra little pet, treat or belly scratch when you can!


Life Recently:

Went to China Springs, TX a couple of weekends ago to see Chris and Kayla tie the knot! Ah yeah! It was a lot of fun and we're super happy for them. Chris and Kayla definitely get the dog thing...in fact, Rowdy, their Golden Retriever was IN the wedding as the best man! Haha. He was so handsome and well behaved (Rowdy, that is).
Notice Rowdy? :)
the happy couple! Ah yeah!

Unfortunately, we couldn't stay for very long as we had to get back to Dallas, but it was great getting to see the happy couple and Rowdy! 

B and I went to Arlington this weekend to spend time with the fam! My Poppy Bear and Aunt Mary Beth were in town from Philly. We laughed so hard all weekend! My cheeks were kind of sore even yesterday from smiling and laughing so much! It was a very nice treat and it was a great reminder of how hilarious my family is! Turner-Rosso Wedding Guests - be prepared for a crazy fun time because my family is a HOOT! 

Our family pic with Poppy Bear! He's so cute!!

Also went to see The Help this weekend. Read the book and loved it, but of course the movie is never as good as the book. It was still a pretty good movie and I'm glad I got to go see it finally. I love watching books brought to life by movies, even if they aren't ever as good. It's fun seeing if the characters look like what you picture them as and the things they change, omit and/or add. Currently reading the Hunger Games Trilogy (which would be my "latest like"). Finished the first one in a day more or less and already about half way through the second one. I absolutely love it and can't wait to see where it all goes! I love reading for pleasure and am super grateful I have a little extra time to do so right now. Well, I take that back, I don't really have the extra time, but I'm adjusting well to the additional lack of sleep, so it's ok! ;) 

About to go read a little more right now and then prep for the upcoming week! Lots going on and Mary's 2nd baby shower is next weekend in Houston. Still a few more things to get together for that, but so excited!

Have a great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment