Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wedding Cake Woes


   

     



Who knew that the one thing I'd wind up having a mini-breakdown over would be cakes. Really?!?!? Cakes?!?! I don't even like cake that much, so why has the decision of selecting a cake design been SOOOOO difficult?
I believe that there are too many options and unless it is completely plain or completely outlandish, I like them all! A blog with every kind of cake you can imagine: http://design-wedding-cakes-pictures.blogspot.com/2011/10/global-cake-blog.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DesignWeddingCakesAndToppers+%28Design+Wedding+Cakes++and+Toppers%29

First of all, shapes:
You've got your round cakes, your square cakes, you hexagon cakes, your flower shaped cakes, your heart shaped cakes and/or your mismatched no rhyme or reason shaped cakes that are supposed to be "trendy". Sigh…

 



After shape comes decorating and the list here is endless. I won't waste your time or mine by going through every option, but whew – there are a lot of options. Textured, not textured, plain, ornate, piping, fondant, buttercream, blah blah BLAH! Stop the madness! Ha.

 

After "pinning" a variety of different cakes throughout the past week or so (and the above pictured don't even scratch the surface of the variety I looked at), I flipped back through yesterday and not one said "Pick Me". I enlisted the help of my mom – some things we agreed on, some we did not, but she has given me full creative lead on the cake and while, nice, I also felt it was a burden as I had only narrowed 150 million choices to about 150 thousand! So, after filtering a few more yesterday throughout the day and after flipping through some magazines at the grocery store last night (as if the millions of online options weren't enough to send me into cake insanity), I decided to ask B…

The option hadn't really occurred to me before because we know what the Groom's cake is going to look like and I figured as long as he liked the taste of the Bride's cake, he probably wouldn't give the style of it a passing thought. I was almost even a little surprised when he didn't seem defeated at the suggestion (ahem) of browsing through some cake design photos online last night! It actually really helped and we knocked a few styles out of the running rather quickly and with that we scanned through another few pages of pictures on theknot.com and "ahhhhhh" (heavenly voices singing), there it was… Ok, well maybe it wasn't quite that obvious, but after zooming in on the picture, I decided with a couple of tweeks, I do indeed think it could be all we've ever dreamed of in a cake. (I have a flare for the dramatics seeing as how I don't think I've ever dreamed of cake in my life, with the exception of the past few days, as this task has overwhelmed me…). Ta Daaaaaaaaaa!


Like I said, they'll be some changes, but this is the gist of it. Sans all the flowers! Too much for me!


The only other consuming thought in my mind right now is trying to figure out what on earth we're going to wear for round 1 of our engagement session. We're breaking it up into 2 mini sessions for scheduling purposes, which is a-ok with me (especially since it gives me more time to come up with more outfits/ideas for the next session) and the first is on Sunday morning. Wish us luck – mainly because the kiddos will be in round 1! Eek, I hope they cooperate. Correction: I hope Timmy cooperates…Chloe is perfect! :) P.S. Have I mentioned my awesome photographer? http://ellmanimages.blogspot.com/

I'll hopefully be posting again sooner than later regarding my recent DIY adventure! Pinterest is great fun and it has inspired some original ideas of my own, so I'll post pictures and a tutorial of some sort soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment