Thursday, January 26, 2012

4 Month Countdown

Well, today marks 4 months until the wedding. Just 120 days now stand between me and a planning-free lifestyle!

I'm going to preface this post with: This is not intended for anyone specifically and I am not trying to be ugly....

Now, with that said: *Approach Soapbox* Here goes...

Wedding Planning, YOU SUCK! People say that this is supposed to be a marvelous time in your life and that it will all be worth it. Well, when people say that about pregnancy, I get it...you get a HUMAN BEING out of the 9 months of carrying, planning, etc. I understand that planning a wedding is not quite as physically daunting, but for the past 12 months, mentally and emotionally, it's putting me through the ringer. I do know that the day will be amazing...all 5 hours of it, I'm sure, but I don't know that I'll look back and say "wow, that was totally worth it all." Stay tuned as I'll be sure to write a post about it at that point, but like I said, I just can't imagine those words coming out of this mouth. I feel as if this has turned into Bride vs. Everyone.... All I want is for everyone to be happy, but wait a second...isn't this the one day in a woman's life that is supposed to be 100% about her? I'm writing all this down so that if I have a daughter I remember to come back and read what I felt at this time.
I pulled out my back this week (true story) and I did it from bending over backwards for everyone else (that part's just me being dramatic!). Really though, I feel like as if I am going out of my way to please my friends, bridal party, parents, in-laws, venues, vendors, dogs, cats, random strangers walking down the street....you name it! And I'm SO.OVER.IT!!!!!!

*Step down from soapbox*

Whew - thanks! Needed to get that off my chest! I resolved this week to just say ok to anything and everything. From here on out, I don't care what goes on the tables, what goes in the envelopes, what the bouquets are made of, what the people wear, etc. I'm just going to breathe, smile and remember that I am going to marry my best friend and go on a fantastic, adventuresome and relaxing honeymoon with him. Now I DO know why people take honeymoons now! That, you definitely deserve!

Little sisters, friends that have yet to get hitched and any random man and/or woman reading this....I have two words for you:
DESTINATION WEDDING!!!!!

Coulda, woulda, shoulda! ;)

Now for a little update:

1. We put an offer in on a house, but someone else beat us to it. :( But, we're going on a marathon hunt on Sunday with our realtor and I'm looking forward to it. Everything happens for a reason, so that just means there's an even better place out there for us! Hopefully the kitchen is just as amazing!!

2. Lisa's Likes: I came across a pretty cool website a week or so ago...it's called http://hungrygirl.com/. It's a website full of yumm-o healthy recipes and tips. I just love it and hope to make some of the recipes soon!
Going right along with healthy options, pinterest has given me a couple of great recipe options as well.... I made these two last weekend and they have both been fantastic, quick and super healthy breakfast options.
     ~1. Green Monster Smoothie: So Yum!!
           - 2-3 bananas
           - frozen mangos, peaches, pineapples
           - 2-3 cups spinach (I haven't tried other veggies yet but I hear carrots & cucumber work too!)
           - 1/4 cu. greek yogurt (optional)
           - 1 cup fat free milk (optional)
           - ice and water as needed for desired consistency
        Blend them all together and voila! You have a green monster. It's nutritious and delicious. Don't                 be concerned...if you add berries, nuts (another option I've heard used) or certain veggies, you'll get a         brownish monster. It should still be just as yummy!
I freeze them and pop it in the micro for about 1 min in the AM and have a delish breakfast! They're also great if you're craving ice cream or sweet treat!

     ~2. Egg McMuffin's (Not the McD way, but the clean way!)
          - egg whites
          - any seasoning and veggies you want (I used pepper, garlic, sea salt, spinach and onion)
        Mix egg white beaters with your veggies and seasoning. Spray down your muffin tin or use cupcake liners and then pour in mixture. I baked at 350 for about 20 minutes. Use the toothpick test to check if they're done: place toothpick through middle and if it comes out dry, you're good to go!

I don't even know where to begin with how fast, yummy and healthy this is!

3. We have some more engagement pictures...here's just a few...





Until next time.

Love,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment