Saturday, January 14, 2012

Year End Review 2011



What a year 2011 was!

I am grateful for all the amazing people in my life and all the opportunities both Brandon and I were given this year. I know I'm still a little behind, but I hope everyone had a fantastic 2011 and here's to an amazing, exciting, prosperous, life-changing 2012!

Our 2012 Highlights:
-Brandon got a new job
-Lisa got a new job
-Lisa got a new car
-We added Timmy to our family
- I ran my 2nd half marathon
-We had our first holiday with both sets of parents
-We took our first vacation together
-My best friend had a precious baby boy
-My Godson turned 1
-Girls trip to TAMU for football and fun!
-Dad turned 50! (Whoa!)
-Mom and Dad had their 30th anniversary!
-Oh - and we got engaged!!!!

Some of my favorite pictures from the year:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
 











Things I'm looking forward to in 2012:
-Buying a house
-Getting married!
-Going on my honeymoon
-Turning 7 - that's right - I have a real birthday this year!! Woo hoo!!
-Being done with wedding planning!!!!!!!!!
-Starting the rest of my life with the one I love

Resolutions:
How many of you make new year's resolutions? I don't like to call them resolutions so much as goals for the upcoming year. Some of my major goals I hope to accomplish are:
-Being a better blogger - I'm not off to the best start, but I'd like to start blogging more frequently. I really enjoy the outlet!
-Creating more! Thanks to pinterest I've been inspired and I'm proud to say that I am actually a pinner that can say: "I've made some of the things on my pinterest page!" There are so many great gift and craft ideas for the home and I'm excited about moving into our new home, so that I actually have some room to create and let my inspirations flow!
-Making healthier choices - this is really an ongoing goal. I'm always looking for easy, delicious ways to be healthier as well as finding fun, interactive ways to be more fit.
-With the last goal in mind, I've already come up with a fun way to keep active! 12-n-12! It's the year 2012 now and the past 2 years I've run a half marathon and done a couple of 5k's. My goal in 2012 is to run 12 races, with at least 1 being a half marathon! My first race of the year will be Jan. 28, which will be a 5k. Then another 5k in February - the color run...look it up! I can't wait!!!! March and April aren't scheduled just yet, because of trying to schedule my wedding showers, but I plan to get it all worked out this weekend! I'll probably also do the 10K at cowtown in Ft. Worth, the weekend before my real birthday! yay!
-Being the best I can be as a wife and a mom to our fur-babies! I'm always trying to improve myself and my home!

Make 2012 the best year yet! I think taking things back to simplicity is one of the most amazing things anyone can do! When you just stop, breathe, take in the moment and believe, the simplicity of life will overwhelm you!

Love,
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment