Monday, May 30, 2011

shopping, golfing and a little red, white and blue

First and foremost...thank you to all the men and women serving in our military. Love or hate war and the reasons/politics involved, they are all dedicated to freedom and it's a dedication that I admire!

I was also thankful for the 3-day weekend. It's always nice to have a little breather. It was a bit of a busier weekend then I had anticipated, but it was good none-the-less.

How do I know I'm getting older? I was tickled silly to babysit my Godson. No movies, dancing, socializing for me this Friday night. Just some cooing and baby talking to my sweet little Landon. He's 7 months now and it's crazy how fast they grow up. Amanda and I get together at least once a month so that I can see him and so that her and I can catch up, but it's just not enough. Their anniversary was last week so I insisted upon letting them have a date night and on her letting B and me babysit! Now - this was the most interesting part, bring Brandon along. He's always resisted any opportunity for baby holding when it comes to hanging out with my friends and the babies they all keep having, so I was very interested to see how he would be once it was just us and the baby. Well...a picture is worth a thousand words they say, so without further ado...

Boys...

In da faaaaaace.

Needless to say - they bonded!

I was really happy to see how great Brandon was with Landon. It was pretty cute. It's hard not to have fun with Landon though...I mean...he's seriously the happiest baby I've ever met. He's gonna be a heartbreaker too. Mommas of baby girls ages 0-1yr beware...he'll get 'em with these eyes...


I got to hang out with him some too though! :) 




Successful Friday night if I do say so myself!

Saturday, I left B to fend for himself and I headed to A-town to do a little shopping with momma and spend time with the fam. Dad and I went to see Fast Five. We've seen every Fast and Furious movie together (just like we see every Transformers and Batman movies together too) and as Becca put it - I'm a great son! ha. Sunday was a pretty relaxing day. We took Chloe to the dog park, relaxed around the house some and then went to Top Golf with friends. I'll have those pics later. Today we went back to A-town to hang out with the fam again - both of us this time and we had a delish dinner complete with red, white and blue cake, thanks to Becca. It was yum!

So now another week lays before us. Fortunately only 4 days of it. Lots to get done in this next week though! Need to start prepping for my nursing entrance exam, get my class schedule for next semester lined up, get some shopping and cleaning done and hopefully squeeze in some social time. It always feels as if there's something to do, but hey...better then always being bored. And we can sleep when we're dead. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment