Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Now Introducing....

Timothy "Chomper" Turner!

So I know it's been a little while since I've written. Life gets in the way of time every now again. Ever happened to you? ;)

I'll get to Timothy in a moment, but first let me get you up to speed really fast.

Boy and I are doing great. We celebrated our year anniversary in May. It's kind of funny…it flew by, but when I look back on our moments together, it's hard to imagine life before him – we always joke how it feels like 10 years!

At the Jimmy Buffet Concert...it was an EXPERIENCE to say the least!

We visited Little Rock together recently and it was really nice getting to see B at home with his family and in his 'hood. I hadn't been to LR since I was about 8 and that was just an over-night stay when we were driving from Dallas to Philly. It's gorgeous. Just a sweet little southern town that has a bit of a "downtown." We toyed with the idea of eventually moving out there and who knows, maybe one day, but we'll have to see how B's adventures with American Airlines go first. If he lands a really great position with them, I'm sure we'll stay put in the DFW area for quite a while.

Capital Building

View from our hotel room at the Double Tree. Gorgeous!


I feel like we're finally settling into our new place now.


Living Room

Guest/Brandon's Man Cave

Master Bedroom
I love having hardwood in every room, but of course the only downfall to that is a lot of sweeping required…especially with a pup….ahem, make that 2 pups!

Chloe says: "Help..is he really staying?!?!?" Timmy say: "I love my new home!"

Which brings me to the reason for this post! Brandon and I adopted a puppy last weekend. We've talked about it for a while and well…it just happened. He's not even really what we were looking for, but he picked us for sure! Anyone that knows me knows that I am a huge advocate of rescuing. It breaks my heart every day thinking of how many pups are stranded in the world or being put down at shelters. SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS, PEOPLE! **Off Soap Box**
So – of course, we rescued him and therefore have no idea really what he is. I'm guessing he definitely has some boxer in him, even though he was labeled as the default "we have no idea" breed of a "Shepherd Mix." I don't see it… I'm sticking with Boxer, but I have no idea what with. His paws are huge and he's 3 months old and weighs in at about 26 lbs, so I'm guessing he'll at least get to be about Chloe-sized. And, speaking of Chloe, she's not exactly in love with this idea yet. I've fostered and dog sat plenty of times, but it's as if she knows that little Mr. Timmy Turner is here to stay. I have a feeling though that once he isn't so interested in biting her ears and ankles; she'll lighten up some and really enjoy the company of another pup. I think it'll bring some life back into the old bird! ;) Timmy is super smart. He doesn't cry for too long when it's time for him to go into his crate. I worked with him last night on "sit" and he did great, but when we came in the house to show "dad" he was just too excited and would wiggle and almost get his toosh to the ground, but would jump up in excitement before he actually got down enough to receive a treat. It's a process getting them trained, but as Chloe is proof of, worth every minute. T and I will be working for 30-45 minutes (or until his attention is shot) every night on basic commands. It's fun having a project!

Timothy "Chomper" Turner AKA Timmy




That's all I've got for right now! Lots of exciting things going on this summer though, so there will be many more posts in the future, I'm sure! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment