Saturday, July 30, 2011

Catching up on Everything but "THAT"

"That" being...wedding talk. I am wedding'd OUT right now!!! I spent a large portion of yesterday doing wedding stuff and then went to the Dallas Bridal Show with my mom and two sisters today. So - I'm going to doing a little wedding detox before thinking about it again...at least for a day or two! ;)

So, in other news I'm also planning a baby shower (or 2). Mary's first baby shower is here in the DFW on Saturday. I'm super excited because I got one of the best presents she's going to get. Mary - I know you'll read this...and no, it's not on your registry, but I hope you love it (and I'm pretty sure you will!!). Still working out a few last details on her Houston shower at the end of August! I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait to see how it all comes together. It's nice to have a distraction from the wedding planning.

I think I'm going to start a new topic when I blog. It'll be the "new cool thing" of the week or month or whenever I find something cool. I REALLY need to come up with a catchier nickname for it, but for now we'll go with "Lisa's Latest Likes." I already mentioned instagram a week or so ago and the latest is Pinterest. Website: www.pinterest.com. You download the application to your bookmark tool bar and then when you're browsing the internet and see something you like, be it an arts and crafts project, a fun date night idea, a DIY project, wedding decoration ideas, etc. you can "pin it". It saves the picture to your page and you can follow others and browse the pictures they've pinned and then visit the websites if it strikes your interest. It's harder to explain then it is just to go look at the website, but I'm a little addicted now and it's a GREAT way to share ideas! There's also a phone app for it! What did we do before smart phones?

SYTYCD: Just have to say that I'm loving the direction it's headed. Melanie and Sasha are phenomenal and there's no doubt they'll be the top 2 girls with Tad and Marko most likely being the top 2 dudes. I'm about 98% positive Melanie is going to win though. She's incredible! Why is reality tv so addicting? We're also sucked into Master Chef right now too. Definitely entertaining, but I can't say that I'm quite as invested into who wins that one.

Exciting things coming up this week:

Brandon's best friend James is moving back to Dallas. So excited for him and pretty excited about seeing less super hero movies! ;)
Also - Brandon's bday is a little over a week away. I am SOOOOO ecstatic about what we're doing, but it's a secret, so you'll have to wait until after his bday to find out what it is!
Nothing much planned, meaning I can get back into my normal workout schedule! Pushing the AM workouts again and although an adjustment, I'm enjoying having the evenings back!

No comments:

Post a Comment