Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries

Another week has come and gone....time seems to be flying by lately and it seems like there is ALWAYS so much to do!

I'm not going to lie; it's been a bit of a stressful week! Brandon and I have been talking about making a move to Northwest Arkansas. Without getting into all the details of it, we've talked quite a bit about it and it seems as if it could be a good move for us. There are tons of jobs in the area, but turns out,  out-of-state hiring isn't ideal for most employers. It's been an interesting experience so far, but we're just scratching the surface of it. Still doing some research, checking out places we could live, etc, so we'll see what happens. Between that, work, pups, trying to maintain a social life, planning a baby shower and planning a wedding, I'm not too proud to say it's kind of kicking my butt right now. But, it's a part of life and I'm excited to see where it all leads.

Yes, I did mention a baby shower in the mix. My best friend Mary has a bun in the oven! Come October I'll be self-acclaimed, honorary Aunt Lisa to Andrew Keith Stagner, aka Andy! I hate living so far from her for this whole experience and I can't wait to see her at the shower in August! My sister and I made the invitations and they look fantastic! I'll have to post pictures of them after the event...Mary doesn't know where the shower is yet, so can't spoil the surprise! ;) It's been a nice distraction from wedding planning though and I'm really excited to see it all come together! Don't get any ideas, but baby stuff is so much fun to look at!

It's been a week of friends and family too. On Tuesday night I got to go to dinner with my friend Amanda and her son Landon (my Godson). It's incredible how fast he is growing up and he somehow manages to get cuter and cuter every time! I can't believe he'll be 1 soon! It was great catching up and I got to see Amanda's new cassia. OMG! Hello gorgeous house!!

My cousin is in town this weekend. We hung out with my mom and sisters on Friday night and then stayed up until 4am catching up. Just like when we were kids. Saturday we took our "neighborhood grandma" and met up with my mom's friend and her mother and went to play bingo! My mom invited us to go, so we figured, why not? Out of the 6 of us, we didn't win a penny! Got close a bunch, but no luck. It was a lot of fun though! Some of those people mean serious business! I had no idea how advanced bingo has become - they now have electronic computer tabs that more or less play for you. You only have to hit one button every time a number is called....I figure sooner or later they'll have an app you can download at the bingo hall and you can just play on your phone!
Mom and Adida

Beth and her mom,  Florence

These people seriously had like 12 machines between the 4 of them, but hey, they won 3 or 4 times!

What can I say? I'm easily impressed...
After our adventures in bingo, we went out for dinner and some karaoke with the gals. Pictures will come soon!

On a random side note, my new favorite app is Instagram! Follow me: larosso06! I'm pretty sure everyone knows about it by now, but if you don't get it! A picture I took today with my phone inspired the title of today's post! :)

Life is just a bowl of cherries! :)

Our watch dog!

This doesn't happen often...had to snap a pick!

Time to get this day going! Can't wait to see Harry Potter this afternoon...the end is going to be so bittersweet!!!! (Go ahead with the nerd jokes...I can handle it! ;) )

2 comments:

  1. So posting comments on this things sucks... what is instagram and why do I want it?!?! -Mary Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi "anonymous" haha. Hmmm...why does it suck? I haven't had any problems with it...weird. UM - instagram is a free app on your iphone. Just look it up...it had different photo editing options. Takes cell phone pics to a new level! I heart it!

    ReplyDelete