Tuesday, July 5, 2011

From Flashy to Flushy...

Annnnnnnnnd the roller-coaster ride continues...

Fourth of July weekend. I can't tell you how excited I was about the 3 day weekend. Work for both B and I has been a bit of a beating lately and therefore a huge understatement to say we were ecstatic and oh so ready for the extra day off. The weekend started off on a high note with a movie date night and anticipation for the bar-b-q's, pool time, friends and family and relaxation to come the rest of the weekend. We had our normal Saturday of errands and chores and then the big shocker came on Saturday night when Brandon popped the question. YAY!!!!! Yes, yes...we're getting married!

It was simple and sweet and perfect! We were both shaking and were so excited to finally tell our friends and all of our family. I say finally because we've been keeping a little secret...him more successfully then myself. We've actually been planning a wedding for a little over a month now. I've been too excited so I'm sure a few of you already had a clue of what was to come, but now the secret is out. Brandon spoke to my parents a few months ago and asked for their blessing and we began talking about making the next step and with that came talk of when we'd want to get married and with that the talk of how all of both of our families are out of state. With that being the case we wanted a holiday weekend that allowed for the travelers to have a little extra time from work and what-not, so we decided on Memorial day weekend 2012 and have had our venue booked for about a month now. So - the anxiety was killing me of when he'd actually get the ring and make things official. I was shocked and was not expecting it that night at all! It took a little while to set in and after calling our parents and letting our friends know I began to tear up with the reality of it all! It was late and we hadn't really eaten all day, so we decided we'd go grab a late dinner (something I usually veto).  When we got home we walked the kiddos and I mentioned that m y tummy was hurting a little....

Friends, family, random readers...this is where we go from flashy to flushy. You want these moments in your life to be glamourous and to be able to tell the fairytale story. Well, B and I don't swing that way. We like to keep things interesting and humorous. And what's more humorous then getting proposed to and being hit with a severe (I'm so not exaggerating) case of food poisoning. I wanted to spend the next day getting a mani and pedi to go with the bling so I could show off to all my friends and family at the bbq's and firework shows. Noooooope. TMI alert: I spent the time between 1am and approximately 6pm the next evening, what do they say, calling Ralph on the big white phone? You get what I mean. I was violently ill. Finally woke B up around 4am and he was truly there for me. I don't get sick much and especially in such an unglamorous way and I was so happy the ring was already on my finger, otherwise he may have never done it after seeing me such a mess! He really was great though and I know more than ever just how much he loves me!

I called into work sick today as after not eating for over 48 hours I don't have any energy at all and I still feel kinda "ew". So, at 4 am this morning I heard B um..."calling Ralph". :( My poor boy. So today we both spent miserable, at home feeling a little more like zombies than humans.

We did manage to make it to my parents house for a bit to let the dogs run around and get worn out and we were also able to catch a glimpse of fireworks from our front yard. It's the small things in life and all in all, I'd say that it was still an amazing weekend and probably one of the most memorable. So many big things happening now. I'll be sure to blog more with pictures and plans, but for now I think we're going to sit on our separate couches, sip on some pedialite and ginger ale and watch some more movies until we're up and running again. Wish us luck!

Hope that you all had a safe, wonderful and stomach virus-free holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. At least your engagement will be one to remember. Congratulations again, and remember enjoy planning for it will be here and gone before you know it. Don't sweat the small stuff. Ok no more advice. Miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete