Saturday, July 9, 2011

Let the Games Begin

For the next 10 months this will more or less be my wedding blog! There is so much that goes into planning a wedding and it's all very exciting! And by exciting I mean stressful...in a good(ish) way. 

I grew up in a family of women. It's an experience! Not only do I only have sisters, but I have 2...making us 3. Ever heard of 3's a crowd? Yeah - well, true story! I love both of my sisters more than anything in this world, but the 3 of us together always gets interesting and then when you throw mom in the mix...well, let's just say I'm pretty sure there's a very special place in heaven for my Daddy! I'm also pretty sure that he's ecstatic about adding a male member to the family! When us girls get into our "talks" (aka bickering) those two just hang back and watch/tune us out. It's a beautiful dynamic! :) 

So - according to one sister (the one who hasn't been around for any of the planning thus far), I'm a bridezilla. According to the other (who has been around a little more) I'm an easy going bride-to-be. No idea what mom thinks! We did however pick a venue in one weekend and a photographer in one day. That's not too bad, right? ;) 

Our date is May 26th. It's the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. We wanted to have the long weekend in order to allow all of our out-of-state guests to possibly make a bit of a vacation out of the event. Now - I have NEVER wanted a summer wedding. A fall wedding was always my dream. Well, the more I get into this planning, date, setting, arranging, etc. I've adopted the mindset of "it's not about the day, it's about the lifetime." Just meaning that - yes, this is the day that every girl dreams of for their entire life, but really this is about the bigger picture. This is about me finding the person I want to spend the rest of my life with and while I do want some things exactly as I imagined them to be, I've also learned to be flexible with a lot as well. Summer works best for our teacher friends, our traveling family members and our parents. May is a bit of a scary month in TX though - then again...ANY month in Dallas could hold ANY type of weather conditions, so it may be 100+, raining, 50-, snowing, or a pleasant 85 and sunny on our wedding day. It is what it is. 

The part that I'm most excited about so far is our photographer!! Rebecca took photography classes in high school and her teacher now has a studio/business in addition to her teaching job. She is INCREDIBLE! Every time she posts new pictures on her blog or her Facebook page, I tend to tear up at the beauty of them! She just has an eye for beauty and capturing the moment. Plus she does a lot of fun stuff too and not to toot our own horns, but B and I are pretty FUN (not to mention hilarious) people and I think Sharon will do an amazing job capturing our personalities, our crazy families and of course our good looks! ;) Check her out: Ellman Photography We're planning to do our engagements in October once the weather cools down and we can enjoy a day outside. We'll be sending save-the-dates shortly there after. 

I've been debating on a wedding website. I know it takes a bit of time to put together and there are SO many options out there. Any suggestions for a good personal wedding website?? I think it will be helpful to have something where all of our family members can get all the info they need on accommodations, things to do in the area, etc. 

So the gloves have been thrown and the games have begun. I have no doubt that the next 10 months are going to fly by and I can't wait to experience (and hopefully enjoy) all that is to come in planning one day. Whew - why am I not doing a destination wedding again?!?!?! ;) 

So for all of you who have been begging for pictures....

Self picture after he popped the question. :) He's not a fan of self-pics. haha

Just a cute pic of the kids for fun...they look like alien dogs with their glowing eyes!
This picture makes my hand look weird, but you get the idea...

At first I didn't like the scroll work underneath...I LOVE IT now!


Brandon tried to sneak a pic of me getting ready for work. I just thought it was funny that it was blurry but the bling still sticks out! haha ;)

Have a great weekend everyone! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment