Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Are You Guilty?

I am.... :( I'd be a liar if I said I've never read a text, checked an email or glanced Facebook on my phone while behind the wheel of a car. I think most people are guilty of it now-a-days. Everything is right at our fingertips.

I think we forget that just because we don't drink and drive, or we have a good driving record, blah, blah, blah...it makes us a "safe" driver and people we forget that paying attention to our phone instead of the road is reckless driving.

I don't get up on a soapbox often, but unfortunately sometimes it takes a hit that's too close to home for comfort to remind you. With that being said, my aunt was involved in a serious head on collision with a car who's driver was allegedly texting/checking email or something of the sort on his phone. Thank God for airbags, because they saved her life. In saving her life, they also took a toll on her face and she will need multiple surgeries to treat the chemical burns and broken bones, etc. that she now has.

I'm not really the "serious" blogger, but figured to anyone who may read this...it's a good reminder. So many think it's a harmless action when really it costs lives.

***Warning - super graphic link, but man oh man does it make a statement!!!***

http://www.fatherlyadviceandrants.com/texting-while-driving-is-suicide-updated.html

Stay safe out there and remember that the phone can wait...lives can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment