Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So You Think You...Have a Voice?

Huh??

Time to make a confession. I have a guilty little pleasure...or two. The Voice and SYTYCD. Oh how I loooove summer time talent shows! Growing up in choir, theater and dance, I just can't help it!

America got it right on the voice. Javier Colon (pronounced "cologne", but what an unfortunate spelling!) was crowned the winner. Go team  Adam! I was very happy that Dia Frampton was a very close second. She'll go far in her career, but I'm ready for Javier's first album. Mmmm...I could fall asleep to his voice. Ahem, sorry...got lost in thought there for a moment. ;)
He's not bad on the eyes either though.

I am a little sad that the show is over until next season though. It means I don't get my weekly dose of Adam Levine.
I mean...whoa! ;)

So - I must say that The Voice > American Idol! Like, by far! Not that I've watched AI in about 4ish years, but The Voice is definitely a better concept! 'Cept for Christina... She is sadly a hot mess these days. Kinda minus the hot though!

Now - onto an even more exciting show. So You Think You Can Dance. LOVER it!! Great season so far too. However, it is always disappointing to me when one of my favorite and one of my least favorite dancers get paired together. This year, it's Miranda and Robert. Not only does Miranda look like she's from Who-ville and has a super gummy smile (pet peeve), I don't think she's all that fantastic. The judges just love her though. Robert on the other hand is charming, genuine and a pretty fantastic dancer! He makes me smile!
This is a very flattering picture of her...

Now - I think Melanie and Marko may be my all-time favorite couple! Both amazing, adorable and ridiculously talented. I'll just go ahead and admit (since I'm in a confession giving state of mind) that I am one of those that will never vote for these shows, but get mad when my favorites don't win. I know, I know... Anywho - here's a picture of Melanie and Marko...vote for them...for me! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment